West View College Preschool provides a rich educational program in an atmosphere of Christian love, learning, and fun.
We use developmentally appropriate practices to help your child grow socially, emotionally, cognitively, physically, and spiritually. Your child will have opportunities for both structured and non-structured activities which are age appropriate. They will learn and grow through play and exploration.
We have small classes of no more than 20, staffed by a class teacher and a shared assistant. Our safe, secure, and beautiful facility provides the perfect atmosphere for pupils to learn, play, and develop the skills and confidence in preparation for Grade 1 and beyond.
Things to know:
- Children must have turned two to register for Preschool.
- We encourage toddlers to become potty trained during the first term.
- We provide breakfast and a nutritious lunch.
- We celebrate birthdays and special days.
- We have seven separate classrooms with their own toilets and basins, and 4 separate outside play areas with age appropriate apparatus.
- The children’s weekly artwork is displayed on the wall, and then placed in a portfolio that parents will receive at the end of the year Christmas event.
- Support activities based on the weekly theme are shared with parents on the first day of each week.
- Ideas or suggestions from parents are welcome and highly valued.
- We provide half day and full day options.
- Two teachers and 2 assistants are trained on Level 2 First Aid Course.
- We have a sick room where children are cared for if they become ill.
- Computer lessons and the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) programme is included for our Preschool pupils.